“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” Benjamin Franklin
Truer words have never been spoken, right? As with any change we want to make in life it all begins with a plan. If we leave our intentions to chance, most often we will quickly revert to old habits.
First we have to know where we are and what displeases us. Take a moment and look in the mirror. What do you wished you could improve or change about your face? Are there issues your current plan (or lack of) isn’t addressing?
Do you have adult acne, dark patches or sun damage? How about laxity and volume loss, do your friends say you look sad or tired? Maybe you just don’t feel the reflection matches the real you.
Ok, now that we have your areas of concern, let’s develop a manageable plan to address them.
My friend and colleague, Dr. Sam Assassa of Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery introduced me to the four steps of facial rejuvenation; Resurface, Relax, Refill and Resuspend.
1. Over the next few weeks we are going to break down each step and discuss how you can apply them to your Facial Rejuvenation. We will learn about Resurfacing the skin to reveal a beautiful youthful glow through:
• Skincare products such as Obagi Medical, Neocutis, Revision and Clarisonic
• Chemical peels that offer new skin in 7 days with minimal to no downtime such as the PCA and Vi Peel from Vitality Institute
• FDA approved laser treatments that utilize the latest technology to clear age spots, improve fine lines and wrinkles and tighten loose skin. These include Fraxel, CO2, Thermage, Cynosure, Clear and Brilliant and Isolaze.
Next we will explore
2. Relaxing the skin through BOTOX® Cosmetic, Xeomin® and Dysport.
3. Then we will discuss all of the FDA approved products available for Refilling the face. One of the biggest misconceptions about aging is that pulling the skin tight through a surgical facelift is the best way to make one look better, but aging is about volume loss. Refilling the face with dermal fillers such as Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC , Voluma, Restylane®, Radiesse®, Sculptra® and fat transfers can be a very rewarding non-surgical experience.
4. Lastly, we will learn about Resuspending the face with a brow lift, blepharoplasty (removing excess skin from the eyelid), or fat transfer.
Join me as we explore the Road to Rejuvenation. Subscribe to my blog and stay tuned because Beautiful Faces begin here!
Contact the Center for Facial Rejuvenation today to schedule your free Visia Complexion Analysis and Consultation today.